Netgear ex2700 setup: a step by step procedure to configure your Netgear extender
Netgear Ex2700 setup: Eliminate dead wireless zones from your house forever with the help of Netgear ex2700 wireless range extender. It is a highly convenient and discrete gadget to fix all your internet-related issues. Moreover, the setup procedure for this device is a piece of cake.
With this device, you can gradually extend the coverage of your network. All you need to do is connect the device to a power outlet and you are ready to go. Netgear ex2700 can help you boost your wireless network for any type of devices such as mobile, gaming consoles, and smart tv.
Therefore, let us have a look at the steps required for the Netgear ex2700 setup. By following the steps mentioned below, you can easily install your extender within a few minutes. Here are the required steps that you need to follow:
- Firstly, make sure that the router and extender are kept in the same room.
- Now, you need to ensure that your wireless router is providing you a stable internet connection with a moderate speed.
- After ensuring proper connectivity, you need to plug your wireless extender into a stable source of power. Once you have connected the extender to a power outlet, you need to locate the power button found on the side panel of your extender. Press and hold the power button for a while until the power LED becomes stable.
- Once the extender is turned on, you need to connect a device such as a computer or a smartphone to the network of your extender. Make sure your device has a browser application installed.
- If you want to continue with a wired connection for Netgear ex2700 setup, you will require an ethernet cable. With the help of an ethernet cable, connect one end to the LAN port of your wireless extender and the other end to your device’s LAN port. After connecting, make sure that the LAN port LED is blinking to ensure a successful connection.
- In case of a wireless connection, you just need to open the wireless network manager in your device. On the network manager, you need to connect with the network named “NETGEAR_EXT”. The network does not contain any password by default.
- Once you are connected with the extender either wired or wirelessly, you need to head towards your device. In your device, you need to launch a browser application of the latest version.
- In your browser, navigate to the address bar and enter the web address www.mywifiext.net in it. After entering the mywifiext setup web address, click on the go button or hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- As soon as you visit the website, it will ask you for a username and password. In both of the fields enter the credentials “admin” and “password” respectively.
- At last, your automated setup will begin and you just need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete your Netgear ex2700 setup.
And that’s it! You have successfully installed your Netgear ex2700 and it is ready to be used. Now, you can enjoy better coverage for your connection.