The best technology to simplify the current network and extend it to far corners has emerged as the New Extender Setup. Many consumers are unaware that all homes have some locations where the range of the Mywifiext router can not be reached. Points like that are known as Dead Spots. Netgear Range Extender setup, however, discard dead zones away from the home or workplace. They are economical and efficient. These devices are also very simple to set up, too.
It is possible to use Netgear Extender setup in two modes: extender mode and access point mode. It takes the incoming signals from the router and then amplifies them when the extender operates in the first mode. The extender acts as a WiFi hotspot in the second mode. For New Extender Configuration, there are two methods: manual or web browser configuration and the WPS process.
New Extender Setup Using mywifiext Smart Setup
This approach allows you to access a web browser to run and upgrade your extender. Let’s have a fast look at the steps of the New Extender Setup:
- Plug the extender into an electrical socket first and turn it on.
- Take a computer like a PC or laptop with a WiFi client and connect it to a WiFi network.
- Open a web browser after that and go to the web address of mywifiext.net.
- The default mywifiext.net setup page will open up.
- Fill in the passphrase and username and click on the login button.
- Get immediate technical assistance from our qualified technicians if you encounter some kind of problem during login, such as username and password, or if the login page does not appear.
- Now, press the button that says Setup for New Extender setup.
- Asking for your basic details such as name, password, email, etc. will open a form.
- Complete the form entirely and press the Next button.
- You can now see the Smart Setup Wizard for Netgear Genie setup.
- This wizard will send you on-screen prompts to set up your WiFi extender and install it.
Netgear extender setup using WPS
For Netgear Extender Setup, WPS refers to WiFi Secure Setup, the simplest way. With this process, to install your WiFi extender, you do not have to enter a password or access any web browser. Here’s how to set up the WPS button on the Netgear extender:
- First of all, after plugging it into a wall socket, power up your extender.
- Now, on your extender, find the WPS button.
- Click the button once it is identified.
- On your extender, you can see a flickering WPS light. It implies that your extender connects to your mywifiext.local router.
- You can see three strong green lights on the extender after some time. These LEDs suggest that the router has been linked to the extender.
- If your extender does not connect to the router, contact our team of experts and quickly fix the issue.
- If your WiFi router offers 5 GHz network band support, repeat the same process.
- The active Netgear Extender Setup is represented by the Green 5 GHz Link Rate power LED on your extender.
- This way, without using the extender manual, you can set up your extender.
Essentials for mywifiext Extender Setup
It is incredibly easy to set up and configure a WiFi extender. But you must have the following things with you before getting started with the Netgear Extender Setup:
- The proximity of the extender to the mywifiext local router. The Extender and the current WiFi router should be put in the same room in the language of Layman.
- Proper and fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket must be obtained by the WiFi range extender.
- After this, during the New Extender Setup process, you must access a high-speed internet connection.
- The Internet browser comes next. It is, however, recommended that you install on your computer or laptop more than two web browsers.
- Just because of the web browser issue, you can fail to access the default mywifiext.net setup login.
- You can opt for another browser in this scenario (as you have options!).
- Once you have all these essentials, the Netgear Extender Setup process is good for you.